Thursday, 9 April 2015

adidas Originals ZX Flux Slip On (Granite)


adidas zx flux slip on // footasylum

To be completely honest I've never been a big fan of the Flux silhouette. Apart from the triple white, none of them called to me, and I found them a bit whatever. On a separate note, I started considering a pair of adidas Y-3s. They're high-end creations if you don't know, that cost around £250 a pop and are the most hideous yet aesthetically pleasing trainers. So ugly but beautiful. I guess in the way that I know wide-leg culottes don't look good but at the same time they look so good. All of this culminated in me buying these Flux Slip Ons when they came out last week (you can see other colourways here). 

The Slip On is basically giving me the monochrome, ugly/beautiful vibe of the Y-3 but almost £200 cheaper. adidas have removed the three stripe branding from the sides and have replaced the laces with elastic straps, which look similar to that of the Y-3 Qasa (the one I was eyeing up the most). They look like a high end shoe but they're more streamlined and less bulky than the Y-3s. In terms of how they actually feel on, they've very supportive under the foot (as a result of the awesome adidas Torsion support system), and the mesh upper is all squishy and breathable for the toes. 

I am really excited to get styling them up in future posts!

x G




SHARE:

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog and love it - these are such cool shoes! Have never seen them before but really like the simple yet futuristic look :)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/7-styles-from-silver-screen.html

    ReplyDelete

© georgie on the wall. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by pipdig